Afterpay - Please Explain?
A MESSAGE FROM AFTERPAY
"The way people earn and spend money is being reimagined every day by technology. But payments and finance haven’t kept up. Shoppers want flexibility and simplicity in how they pay for their purchases. They want solutions that match with how they live and how they prefer to manage their finances. That’s why we started Afterpay. We’re creating a new kind of payments company. One that helps people shop and transact in the way they want.
We founded the company in 2014 in Sydney, Australia with that ambitious goal and built an industry-leading technology platform and a world-class team to help us achieve this. Afterpay took the first step in its mission with the introduction of our first product in 2015 – simple, interest-free instalment plans, available instantly at retail stores – either online, on mobile, or in-store. This is just the beginning of our journey and we hope you’ll join us."
HOW AFTERPAY WORKS
Shop now - enjoy now - pay later!
Purchase online - your goods are delivered or choose to collect from our Geraldton store - pay with 4 equal fortnightly payments.
PAY IN 4 INSTALMENTS -
Pay for your order in 4 equal fortnightly payments.
GET YOUR ITEMS NOW -
Your order will be shipped now or collected instore, just like a normal order.
NOTHING EXTRA TO PAY -
No interest, no additional fees if you pay on time.*
SPEND UP TO $1000 -
You can use Afterpay for orders up to $1000.
ALL YOU NEED IS:
- An Australian debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- To live in Australia
TO USE THIS SERVICE:
- Add your items to your bag and checkout as normal
- In checkout select Afterpay as your payment method
- Enter your details with Afterpay and you’re done!
- Your payment schedule will be emailed to you
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- The funds for the first payment will need to be available at the time of checkout. If you are a new Afterpay customer, the first payment will be made at the time of purchase, with payments over the next 6 weeks. Once you have been an Afterpay customer for at least 6 weeks for all orders under $500, your first payment is made in 14 days, with final payment in 8 weeks.
- Your payment schedule will be emailed to you.
- If you wish to return your items you can choose an exchange, or the payment plan can be cancelled.
- *If you fail to make payment, you will be charged a late payment fee of $10 with a further $7 fee added 7 days later if the payment is still unpaid.
Such a great concept for enjoying beautiful things & managing your money at the same time!
Christy & Justin x
For more info, head to the Afterpay website.